Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ziggy's Healthy Grill

Restaurant Info:
Ziggy’s Healthy Grill
302 Fairview St. Houston, TX 77006
(832) 519-0476
http://www.ziggyshealthygrill.com/

Must Tries: Baked Whole Wheat Pita Chips with Hummus, Spicy Turkey Burger.
Healthy Options: Almost everything on the menu!
Price: ($) Each item is less than $10 bucks.
What to Expect: A locally owned establishment, good food centered around healthier options.

My Experience: I wasn’t sure what to expect the first time at Ziggy’s Healthy Grill. I was pleased to see the menu filled with healthier options. From Buffalo burgers to grilled chicken platters and even pizza.

I started off with baked whole wheat pita chips and hummus. The baked pita chips were thinner than I have ever seen. They resembled a cracker, dry but packed a crunch. The hummus was well seasoned and had a lively spice to it.

The sweet potato fries were a hit. They were not too cruchy which made me assume they were baked.


I had every intention to order the grilled chicken or buffalo burger. But upon the waiter's suggestion I tried the Spicy Turkey and Garlic Burger. I was not disappointed. The burger had great seasoning which seemed to be a cajun influenced kick. I didn’t know I was eating a turkey burger, the flavor surpassed my expectations. The wheat bun was average, it didn’t seem to be the freshest bun around.


I intend to return to Ziggy's and explore the menu a bit more. The website promotes healthy versions of margatias and happy hour drinks. I have also seen promtions for a Monday night grilled chicken platter and Pecan French toast for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment