Thursday, September 17, 2009

Breakfast in Houston: Baby Barnaby's

Info:
BABY BARNABY’S CAFÉ
604 Fairview St
Houston, TX 77006-2904
http://www.barnabyscafe.com/

Must Tries: GREEN EGGS! French toast, oatmeal topped with whatever you want!
Healthy Options: Oatmeal, eggs, Bob’s Healthy Plate (I haven’t tried yet)
Price: Under $10 bucks.
What to Expect: A very casual breakfast place with a “Austin” feel to it. There is usually a line but the food is well worth it.

My Experience: When it comes to breakfast I like to play it safe with pancakes or my Mexican breakfast default plate Machacado con Huevos. I read about Baby Barnaby’s and their “Green Eggs”, which I of course was reluctant to try. My curiosity got the best of me, and I am glad it did this morning.
INTRODUCING THE GREEN EGGS!
The plate consisted of scrambled eggs, spinach, artichoke hearts and jack cheese served with chicken apple sausage, potatoes and wheat toast. This dish was loaded with flavor and color. The eggs and vegetables blended perfectly to create this perfect get out of bed dish. 

 
While waiting to order I noticed a table nearby had a delicious looking bowl of oatmeal topped with fresh fruit and nuts. Upon inquiring with the waiter I was told you can top off the oatmeal with your choice of toppings. Here pictured below is my creation of banana and walnut oatmeal! 
Last but not least the French toast! I was told after that the French toast can also be topped off with your choice of toppings. Here pictured below are the sweet and tasty topless version. I found the French toast to have a nice crisp exterior.
I look forward to returning to Baby B’s and testing my topping combinations. The buzz on the street is they have good migas, we will have to find out…soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment