Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thelma's BBQ Houston, TX

RESTURANT INFO:
Thelma’s BBQ
3755 Southmore Blvd @ Scott
(713) 228-2262‎

Must Tries: BBQ Brisket, Ribs and Chicken! Thelma’s dirty rice, stewed okra and potato salad are also worth the wait!
Healthy Options: BBQ Chicken and boiled sides!
Price: ($) 2-meat platter right around $9 bucks. Credit cards accepted!
What to Expect: Good BBQ! This new location has more seating. Always a line to get BBQ! Get here early.

My Experience: As a fan of everything BBQ, Thelma’s helps me get my fix! When I can’t drive to Lockhart or Luling, I head to Thelma’s. The new location has more parking and is easy to find.

I am a fan of Thelma's BBQ ribs! They have a perfect smoky taste and are always generously cut. Thelma uses a sweet sauce. Often your BBQ is drenched in it. Personally I ask for lite sauce, I want to taste the actual BBQ. One time I asked for lite sauce, when my plate was ready the attendant handed me four extra slices of white bread to soak up the excess sauce because they failed to hold back on the sauce. Customer service is not a strong point.

I usually go with the 2-meat plate. Pictured below are the smoky pork ribs and brisket. For the freshest cuts come early or during the lunch rush. The brisket is good but usually lacks flavor. Ribs are a safe bet.
The BBQ chicken is always a good choice. As I mentioned earlier be careful with the sauce, they like to use it on everything.
I am a fan of anyone who puts BBQ beef scraps in beans and dirty rice! The dirty rice is a must try. The sausage is nothing special.
The beans are a staple in my ordering. I also enjoyed the stewed okra.
Every time I visit Thelma's I see customers ordering the Cat Fish platter. Like I needed an excuse to return....they had me at the ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment