Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lent in Houston: Shrimp Tacos @ El Rey

Restaurant Info:
El Rey
233 Main St
Houston, TX

My Experience: El Rey prides itself on serving quick, good Cuban and Latin American food. During Lent I abstain from eating meat on Fridays, therefore I scanned their non-meat menu section and was surprised to see the various options available to me. The Summer Taco Combo caught my eye!


The Summer Taco Combo is 3 Shrimp tacos served on corn tortillas topped with mango, cilantro, tomato, onion, and avocado. The dish not only looks like summer (with it bright colors) but it tastes like what you would expect from an Island taco shack! The mangos added a hint of sweetness which went well with El Rey's green salsa.  I was served 4 tacos on this day because my ordered had been lost in the lunch rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment